Senior Technical Business Analyst
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company located in Clerkenwell, Central London. We are a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients - most recently we were awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund to help power our growth.
What you will be doing
The role of a Codat Technical Business Analyst is to be the subject matter expert for the implementation of Codat integrating with multiple data sources. To be specific, you will be responsible for Codat’s integrations with Accounting packages, Commerce platforms and Banking sources.
The Senior Technical Business Analyst will understand the customer segment that the product is being built for by working directly with the Codat Product function. They will sit with the Engineering and QA teams to help lead the implementation of new product features. It will be your mission to analyse the new data source and understand at a detailed level, how the implementation interacts with our current product set.
The key components of the role are as follows:
- You are the go to subject matter expert on the implementation detail of product requirements
- The Technical BA will be an ally to the Product, Engineering and QA function and help drive delivery of functionality by:
- Understanding the customer requirements from the Product Manager
- Carrying out up-front research on a new accounting/data source integration or product feature to identify requirements prior to build
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like i.e. acceptance criteria for a piece of functionality to allow Engineers to write user stories
- Reviewing and providing feedback on user stories that have been written by engineering
- Signing off on the technical aspects of the user experience and ensuring this aligns with the Product Manager’s vision
- Clearly document the functionality of the new integration once it has been built so that it can be digested by the product team and by customers
- You can support Engineering with the permutations of the user experience throughout the build process and help clarify what the user experience should be alongside the Product Manager
No matter what we’re doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
Useful - We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
United - We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
Unstoppable - We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Experience working with/on major Accounting platforms is imperative
to this role e.g. Xero as a priority, Intuit QuickBooks and various versions of Sage
- Experience working as a Senior Technical BA in an agile team that has built an API based product or a technical product
- Experience writing stories, acceptance criteria and high level epics of product features and supporting the development process
- Worked directly with clients to gather requirements
- Previously worked with QA testers, Engineers and Product
teams on internal projects/products
- You have had experience working with senior executives to understand the strategy and direction of the business to inform the product requirements
Technical expertise in Accounting software packages i.e. understanding how they work, what data is available from them, what an integration with an accounting package would look like
approach to writing out requirements. You are able to carry out the investigatory work of a high level problem statement and understand what this might look like
experience with agile teams and/or other business analysts as well as stakeholder management in all relevant areas such as product and technical writers
and concise requirements gathering techniques